Since we launched our first courses in Coursera, we have now more than 10.000 students registered, and the number of students in Latin American have grown 20%. These are good news, because I really believe that MOOCs offer great opportunities in these regions, where the inequalities in education are one of the main problems we need to address.
The press have started to talk about MOOCs, and this is a great beginning. Here I leave some of the news that have been published around this topic, so that you can have a look about how MOOCs are being presented to the society. The interesting thing is that the mobile is the catchy word, since over the 74% of the connections to internet that take place in Chile are via mobile phones. The news are in Spanish, of course :).
- 19/05/2015: Mercurio Online – “Ingenieros Chilenos dan clases virtuales a través de Celulares“
- 09/05/2015: La nación – “Ingenieros Chilenos dan cursos virtuales grautitos a través del celular“
- 09/05/2015: Ahora Notivias – “Universidad Católica se la juega con cursos gratuitos a través de Smartphone“
- 13/05/2015: LitoralPress- “Universidades imparten clases gratuitas por celular“
- 23/04/2015: Publimetro – “Momento MOOC“